The launch of the Commonwealth’s own silver coins in 1910 and first bronze coins in 1911 were key events in the history of modern Australia.
A few years after their introduction, the young nation faced its biggest challenge to that point – a world war of unimaginable carnage and horror.
Drawing together these important themes, this superb pre-decimal coin pack offers collectors an example of all six Commonwealth coins featuring year-dates between the fateful years of 1914 and 1918.
- Threepence: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper
- Sixpence: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper
- Shilling: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper
- Florin: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper
- Halfpenny: 97% Copper, 2.5% Zinc, 0.5% Tin
- Penny: 97% Copper, 2.5% Zinc, 0.5% Tin
The six coins are housed in a detailed A5-sized display folder which provides information, facts and figures about Australia’s involvement in World War I, as well as original wartime imagery.
For further details about this impressive release, please click here.