The Perth Mint will issue no further releases from the Australian Antarctic Territory Series.
The popular program was inspired by huge collector interest in our 2004 Mawson Station 50th Anniversary 1oz silver proof coin. A modern numismatic classic, it sold out rapidly in honour of legendary polar explorer, Douglas Mawson.
Featuring eleven subsequent coins, the series leaves a rich legacy of tributes to other Australian Antarctic explorers, as well as extraordinary wildlife and stunning natural phenomena found in the highest, driest, windiest and coldest continent on Earth.
- 2004 Mawson Station – Sold Out
- 2005 Leopard Seal – Sold Out
- 2006 Edgeworth David Base – Sold Out
- 2007 Davis Station – Sold Out
- 2008 Humpback Whale – Sold Out
- 2009 South Magnetic Pole – Declared Mintage 6,703
- 2010 Husky – Sold Out
- 2011 Killer Whale – Sold Out
- 2012 Emperor Penguin – Unavailable
- 2013 Aurora Australis – Buy Now
- 2014 Wandering Albatross – Buy Now
- 2015 Elephant Seal – Buy Now
Collectors with all 12 releases now have the satisfaction of knowing that they have achieved the complete line-up in this outstanding program.